Marilyn C. Jerome, MD, FACOG
Dr. Jerome joined Foxhall Ob-Gyn Associates in 1982, after completing her residency at the George Washington University Hospital. She was the first women hired by Foxhall, at a time when there were few women gynecologists. Dr. Jerome is proud to have helped to facilitate the growth of Foxhall to now 10 physicians, of which 9 are women. As a clinical professor at George Washington, Dr. Jerome taught many residents and students, and now serves a mentor in the Global Health Track.
Dr. Jerome truly enjoys the time she is able to spend with patients, getting to know them personally. She feels that patients, when educated regarding medical options, will make appropriate decisions for their health. After delivering approximately 2000 babies in her career, she now practices gynecology only, enjoying her young patients as well as her menopausal patients. She most enjoys the long-term relationship she is able to develop with many women.
Dr. Jerome’s has decided to share her knowledge and advice by instituting a website devoted to women entering menopause and beyond. This site is meant to give women the facts, supported by medical literature, and the latest developments in menopausal issues and health maintenance.
Dr. Jerome’s provides full spectrum gynecologic care, including surgery. Her special interests include:
- Contraceptive options for young women
- Genetic counseling and testing for patients at high risk for cancer, and risk reducing surgery
- Menopausal and peri-menopausal diagnosis and management
- Hormone replacement therapy, including bioidenticals
- Osteoporosis diagnosis and management
- Surgery, including minimally invasive techniques such as laparoscopy, vaginal surgery, Myosure and Novasure
- Mona Lisa Touch laser treatment for vaginal dryness and painful intercourse
- Sexual function problems
Dr. Jerome was born in Cleveland, Ohio. She attended Xavier University as an undergraduate, and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine where she received her M.D. degree. She moved to the Washington, D.C. area in 1982 to complete her residency at George Washington University Hospital, where she served as chief resident.
Dr. Jerome in married to John Foust, who is a member of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors. She has two adult sons. Dr. Jerome has served on the Board of the Jesuit Refugee Service, and currently is a board member of the Children of God Relief Fund, which supports Children with HIV in Kenya. In her free time she enjoys gardening, hiking, and travel.
Designations, Affiliations and Awards
- Fellow and Diplomate of the American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fairfax County Medical Reserve Corps
- “Top Doc” Washingtonian Magazine
- Best Doctors in America
- “Living in Pink” Honoree, 2010
- Sibley Hospital Cancer Committee